Epoxy floors provide a dependable and long-lasting surface for commercial, residential, and industrial flooring. Epoxy floor coatings are typically applied over concrete floors to provide a high-performance, smooth, and long-lasting surface that can withstand heavy loads. Many industrial buildings, warehouses, and commercial buildings require epoxy floors in order to keep the floors in perfect condition.
Epoxy Floor Coatings
An epoxy coating will need a slightly porous and clean surface to adhere properly. Before applying the epoxy, all major cracks and chips must be patched and repaired. Epoxy coatings should not be applied over smooth or unprepared concrete; the surface should be old enough or profiled to ensure long-term adhesion. Before applying the coating, make sure all grease is removed. Examine the surface for prior layers of epoxy or other products that may have been applied over time.
When testing for sealant, pour a small amount of water onto the floor and it should soak in. Depending on the product, you may need to apply epoxy paint and topcoat. Check the temperature before applying the epoxy coating and follow the manufacturer’s recommendations. When applied at temperatures other than those specified, the application may bubble and peel. Once the product has been mixed, you have a specific time to apply the epoxy coating before it hardens.
Advantages of Epoxy
When compared to other traditional coatings applied over concrete, epoxy floor coatings have numerous advantages. The following are regarded as the most important:
- Epoxy coatings produce a gleaming, high-gloss finish. The brightness of an area can be increased by 200% when using epoxy.
- It provides a tough, long-lasting surface that can withstand heavy, continuous traffic.
- Epoxy floors are quick and simple to install.
- Long-lasting and simple to clean.
- Ideal for warehouses and industrial applications, with no need for paint over the epoxy finish.
- Resists oil stains, beads water, wipes cleanly, and creates a seamless surface.
- When properly installed, epoxy floors can last for many years.
- Can be used in conjunction with paints and colours to conceal chips and cracks.
- This product provides a chemically resistant surface that is ideal for manufacturing plants.
- Epoxy floors offer enhanced safety by creating an anti-slip surface and heat-resistant solution to concrete floors.
- There are numerous colour options available, and the variations are virtually limitless.
- Prevent wear and tear on the existing concrete floor.
- Each epoxy floor is completely unique; no two are alike.
- Epoxy floors are considered environmentally friendly solutions.
- Some of the products used can also be combined with self-levelling products for use on new or old concrete.
- Maintenance is minimal to non-existent.